Heat shrinkable wrapping bags are made of UV-proof LDPE 100% virgin resin shrink wrap and are 100% recyclable.
ADVANTAGES of heat shrink bags compared to tarpaulins or traditional sheeting:
Speed: fastest option for packaging off-site / unpacking on-site
- Less time needed to calculate the size and quantity of sheeting, packaging methods and for team supervision;
- Packaging can be done off-site, in parallel with completion of construction (use of zipper doors);
- Substantially less time needed for (un)packaging – minimal to zero need to batten the package to the module.
Positive cost-benefit trade-off
- Significantly reduced need for staff and work hours, better specialization;
- Minimized packaging time = increased resources for module production;
- Faster packaging/unpackaging reduces the amount of carrier waiting hours and on-site crane hours;
- Reduced cost on packaging materials (battens, sheets, screws, etc);
- Better inventory management, as the custom-made shrink wrap bags eliminate the need for extra provisions;
- Precise quantity of packaging materials, as each module has its own bag;
- Straightforward cost calculation;
- Well-fitted packaging = less on-site repairs;
- Sleek and clean packaging is an asset for marketing and helps to promote your sales.
Durability of packaging
- Higher quality of welds, as the shrink wrap bags are pre-assembled in clean environment;
- Each module has its own labelled bag;
- Minimized human errors as high-quality welding is pre-done in our factory;
- The shrink wrap bags are heated tightly around the module, giving full protection against the wind and weather conditions during transportation;
- Shrink wrap bags contain UV inhibitors with protection for at least 1 year.
Process standardization = better quality / less risks
- Single risk assessment process, as the packaging method is identical for all modules, regardless of shape and size;
- Shrink wrap bags are custom-made to perfectly fit specific modules;
- Higher quality of film heat welding is guaranteed by in-house production;
- Faster unpacking process allows it to be done immediately before lifting, thus giving protection against weather conditions.
Minimized safety issues
- Standard bags require similar wrapping technique and less tools for installation;
- Safer installation due to minimal time on ladders / scaffolding.
Less waste + 100% recyclable bags
- Minimal to zero packaging waste in your factory;
- The shrink wrap bags are 100% recyclable and the residual waste from unpacking is widely accepted by the waste management companies.
- Lay the roll of custom-made shrink wrap bag onto the roof of the module;
- Unroll the bag, moving from one edge to the opposite;
- Unfold the unrolled bag to fully cover the roof of the module. The bag’s roof edges must match the module’s roof edges perfectly;
- Push the sides of the shrink wrap bag over the roof edges and corners to cover the sides of the module;
- Pull the sides of the shrink wrap bag down to the bottom edge of the module;
- Choose one of the following alternatives to fasten the package:
- With battens (roll the bottom edge of the shrink wrap package around the battens and screw onto the module). NB! In case the module has eaves, batten the package under the eave first.
- Under the straps tightened around the module (shrink wrap is placed under the tightened straps and heated)
- With bottom plastic film sheet (a plastic film sheet under the bottom of the module should be welded together with the shrink wrap)
- Once the module is fully covered with the shrink wrap bag, heat the WHOLE bag to tightly cover the module.
Contact / Ordering of the packaging
- Send us the drawings with the dimensions of the modules to be wrapped;
- We will send you a personalised price offer with delivery terms;
- Delivery of heat shrink wrap bags to the location of choice.
The team of Heat³ welcomes the opportunity to find the best solution for your wrapping needs. We also offer training and provide a comprehensive range of wrapping accessories.